Sudden pangs of stomach pain can attack any person at any time of the day. This is a very problematic condition that mainly arises from indigestion and people of every age group suffer from stomach pain of varying degrees. In most of the cases this disorder can be cured by simple natural treatments or antacids, while the chronic sufferers must seek medical attention to prevent any life threatening situation. Sudden and severe stomach pain may need institutional treatment if there is serious indigestion problem, colic, diarrhea and dysentery. Those who are chronic sufferers of indigestion must maintain strict discipline in their food habits and life style to reduce sudden attacks of stomach ache.
1. Moderate to severe pain in the stomach that can last for few minutes to few hours. 2. Stomach pain is often accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
A number of factors are responsible for the stomach ache, some of which are
1. Indigestion 2. Acidity 3. Flatulence 4. Ulcer 5. Gastritis 6. Liver problems 7. Stones in gall bladder and kidney 8. Appendicitis 9. Colon cancer
Effective Stomach Ache Treatment
Most of the stomach aches can be cured easily through some effective natural remedies. These proven home remedies are much safe than the over the counter medicines and are devoid of any side effects.
1. Drink half cup of a mixture of juices of lemon, mint and ginger adding a pinch of rock salt in the morning. This improves blood circulation and reduces the flatulence.
2. Garlic and ginger are very effective in reducing stomach pains. Garlic is an effective blood cleanser and appetizer and ginger enhances the digestive functions of the body.
Taking a clove of raw garlic or raw ginger juice is useful in treating this problem.
3. Massaging the abdomen with ginger juice also helps in reducing the stomach pain.
4. Reduce the intake of non- vegetarian food and include fruits and vegetables in your diet. Fruits like papaya and banana are very helpful in reducing the stomach ache.
5. Taking soaked cardamom seeds three times a day helps in reducing stomach ache problems. The cardamom seeds should be soaked in water for 10 minutes.
6. Boil few ajwain seeds in water and add a pinch of rack salt. Drink the decoction after it is cooled to get fast relief from stomach ache.
7. Prepare a powder by mixing equal amounts of garlic, dry ginger, mint, black salt, asafetida, cumin seeds, black pepper and coriander. This should be taken regularly after the meals to prevent stomach pains.